The parts are molded in gray, black, and chrome. According to the instructions, the first step in assembly is the motor. The locating pins are small, making it hard to line up the parts. I used a slow-drying plastic glue rather than cyanoacrylate to make sure it was aligned properly.
Then I dip-painted the fenders, gas tank, carry boxes, and parts F-9 and F-10, using a special process with water and paint. I sprayed black and chrome into a five-gallon bucket filled with water, then hand-dipped each completed and prepared part in. As I withdrew the parts, the paint, floating on top of the water, coated each part in a swirling, soft-edged pattern.
The bike’s rear wheel and its housing went together well, as did the brake calipers, parts B-12 & B-15. When working on the frame, I made sure parts D-18 & D-6 and the rear wheel were all assembled at the same time. Also, when installing the battery, the oil casing and the starter, A-20 & A-22, have to go in first. Extra care has to be taken when cutting out parts O-6 & -7, and E-1, -2, -8, -17, -32, -33, -40, and -45.