This magazine is a listing of 1/35 scale plastic model kits for German armored fighting vehicles (AFV). Most kits are shown on one page with the manufacturer and name of the kit, plus the name of the modeler that built the sample model.
The text is mostly in Japanese, but the manufacturer, model name, and model are all listed in English also. This makes it easy to thumb through the photographs and identify the kit manufacturer. The models are all beautifully done and the color photographs illustrate the models very nicely. Some of the kits are not shown as built examples but rather photographs of the box art and sprues. There are also a few reference photos of the original vehicles.
An introductory section shows detail photos of assembly and painting of an AFV Club Schwerer Panzerspahwagen Sd. Kfz. 232, and a Dragon Tiger I.
The book includes the following sections
- Section 1: German Heavy Tank TIGER I. This section also shows a chronology of tiger tank kits issued between 2005 - 2015. The section also includes some nice illustrations of a tiger tank identifying the vehicle parts, unfortunately all in Japanese.
- Section 2: German Heavy Tank KINGTIGER/JAGDTIGER
- Section 3: Porsche Panzers
- Section 4: Superheavy Tank/Prototypical Vehicle
- Section 5: WW2 German Wheeled Armored Car
- The last sections include German Heavy Armored Cars Sd.Kfz.234/1 thru 4
The book is a great reference of German AFV vehicles. Even though it is primarily in Japanese, the English titles help to identify the kit and manufacturer. The photos of the built models are also great references and ideas for model builders.
Thanks to Model Art for producing this great reference and providing the review sample.